VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware’s industry-leading virtualisation technology, our solutions deliver a brave new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application. With 2014 revenues of $6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
Digital business transformation is creating new opportunities and risks in every industry. VMware helps IT become Brave New IT with our One Cloud, Any Application, Any Device architecture. By unifying private, managed and public clouds into one hybrid cloud, our customers accelerate innovation, engage customers with new mobile-cloud applications, and govern risk.
VMware’s cloud infrastructure and business mobility solutions break the bonds that tie IT systems and end-user environments to physical hardware, providing both IT and the business greater efficiency, agility and control. VMware is the recognised leader in virtualisation and automation of compute, networking and storage resources from the desktop to the data centre and to the cloud. Our technologies and the open standards they support provide a powerful foundation enabled by “One Cloud, Any Application, Any Device”—our brave new IT architecture.
- Data Center Virtualization
- Desktop Virtualization
- Virtualizing Business Critical Applications
- Cloud Computing
- Hybrid Cloud
- Private Cloud Computing
- Software-Defined Data Center
- Business Mobility
VMware & Ecosystem
- The VMware office in South Africa was established in September 2006
- In 2012, VMware took a strategic decision to expand into WECA (West East & Central Africa)
- Today we have 4 offices in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Nigeria and Kenya
- Total number of staff in both South Africa and the WECA region: 40+
- 700+ partners across both South Africa and WECA
- The partner eco-system continues to grow throughout the continent with key achievements being reached by partners
- VMware continues to invest into the emerging region South Africa and WECA
- Acquired new customers in the last year across the continent